Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Razzleberry Dressing Recipe (Mr. Magoo Inspired)


"Some Razzleberry Dressing would be nice!"

Have you seen Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol? Where Tiny Tim wishes for Razzleberry Dressing with his Christmas dinner? It sounds so delicious and magical, that I decided to do some research and found that it does exist! I put my own spin on the recipe, of course! Razzleberry Dressing is extremely EASY and fast to make, and it knocks boring ole Cranberry Dressing out of the water (in my opinion!) It's a fun option to add to your Holiday menu this year.


How to make Razzleberry Dressing:

1. Generous tablespoon of Brummel & Brown (or butter)
2. One carton of Raspberries (in your fresh fruit department)
3. One carton of Blackberries (in your fresh fruit department)
3. One tablespoon of brown sugar (add more to your taste)
4. One generous tablespoon of Bonne Mama Blueberry Jam
5. One generous teaspoon of all purpose flour
5. One tablespoon of lemon juice
6. A pinch of sea salt

 Start by melting your brummel & brown (or butter) in a saucepan on medium heat. Add your fresh berries and bring to a boil, breaking them down with a cooking utensil so that the berries become like mush. Add your brown sugar, jam, and lemon juice and bring heat down to low. Slowly stir in your flour, making sure you stir well so that there are no lumps. Add a pinch of sea salt and stir some more. Taste, and if you prefer it to be sweeter you can add more brown sugar. Remove from heat and let cool. 

I am leaving my batch of Razzleberry Dressing in the fridge overnight and will serve it over turkey tomorrow for Thanksgiving Dinner. I've never been a fan of Cranberry dressing, but this Razzleberry dressing recipe is rocking my world! Enjoy! -Bambi


(all ingredients shown except for sea salt and flour)
 



7 comments:

  1. Just made my first batch of razzleberry dressing. I have been watching Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol since it first came out on TV back in the early 1960's. Always wondered about Razzleberry Dressing was like. So glad I found this recipe! The family says this dressing is a definite keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great results with this recipe. The family says Razzleberry Dressing is a definite keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol is one of our family's all time favorite Christmas movies. This year I will attempt to make the Razzleberry Dressing & also give as a jar/gift/favor at the Christmas table as well. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes with our crowd!!! (Pray for me!) Thank You & Merry Christmas! God Bless Us-Everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Was it a success?
      God Bless Us, Everyone!

      Delete
  5. I want to make it and send it to my sister in Texas. Does it have to be refrigerated?

    ReplyDelete