Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Husband Appreciation


My husband is my best friend, my soul mate, my partner in crime.. (well, not a literal partner in crime!) He is the most amazing man I've ever met. We've had four blissful years of marriage and are now expecting our first child. I know for a fact that I have not been the easiest person to live with during these past five months of pregnancy. First, there was the morning sickness ie. 'All day and night sickness' for three straight months. He took such great care of me during that time... I wasn't able to be the wife who cooked, helped take care of the animals and daily tasks and made his morning tea- instead, I spent almost all my time in bed, and if I wasn't in bed, I was in the bathroom sick, and if we happened to go out for a drive or a dinner date there were countless times my nausea would spoil the fun. I just want my husband to know how much I appreciate his gentleness and patience with me during that time. I was really miserable and honestly quite depressed because I was so sick that I wasn't really living my life, and of course for better or worse, he was by my side the whole time. Thank you honey.

Now, I'm half way through my pregnancy and my nausea has completely subsided... I am healthy as a horse and have the appetite of a horse too! But you can't have a rainbow without some rain, and my hormones have hit me hard this past week. I've been an emotional wreck! I'm ultra sensitive, I can be moody and irritable, and sometimes (like last night) my hormones get the better of me and I'll just sob and sob over the silliest of things. But through it all, my husband is gentle and compassionate with me... he holds me when I cry and strokes my hair back and gives me kisses and I feel better. This is as much of a roller coaster ride for him as it is for me, and I just feel so blessed that my husband is patient and loving. He is everything a husband should be. He's the greatest blessing in my life and I love him so much! 

So ladies, don't forget to let your significant other know how much you love and appreciate them. Our bodies and emotions are going through a lot during pregnancy, but its no walk in the park for our partners either and we need to show them love for being so awesome!!!!

-Bambi

1 comment:

  1. So lovely...even when you are feeling your worst you still bring out the best in your partner...this a beautiful and rare thing. I am so happy that you two found one another in this great big warped world. I adore you's.

    ReplyDelete